Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Watercolour on canvas projects

Watercolour on canvas projects.  

More fun with canvas, this time using the new 
watercolour ground by Daniel Smith to prepare the surface for watercolours.
I tested it out and found that, unlike Absorbent Ground by Golden, the paints do not become dulled by being absorbed into the canvas too much. 

And look at the beautiful wet-in-wet techniques you can achieve now!
I added fluid acrylic to some of these projects, 
and the spots of gold are Iridescent Sunstone watercolour paint by Daniel Smith 


bunny (untitled) 4x4 inches, watercolour on canvas

the "canvas" wall of my studio - note my butterfly is hanging on its side
as a reminder for me to fix it! 

abstract flowers, untitled, 8x10 watercolour and fluid acrylic on canvas

more abstract flowers (untitled) 4x4 inches, watercolour & fluid acrylic on canvas

The results of experimenting with different mediums on canvas - these simple designs are
works in progress.  Some may never be finished, others might make it off the shelf someday!  



5 comments:

smellyrhinostudio said...

Very nice. I love the intensity of these. I really enjoy working with fluid acrylics as ink. they are sublime, but clog my nibs. :(

Deborah Burns said...

Hi Christy! : )

Glad you are having fun painting on the DS Watercolor Ground. I especially love the liquid, painterliness of your cute bunny!
~Deborah

Christy DeKoning said...

Rebecca, I've never used fluid acrylics with a nib. Will have to try it with an old one (seeing as how it might clog up!)

Deborah, I love the new ground. Thank you!

Tim said...

Cool stuff.

Christy DeKoning said...

glad you like it Tim!