Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Paper Trails, Whiskers, and Cats who wear clothes...

"300lb Cold Press ACEO Blanks" available at christydekoning.etsy.com
I'm often asked about my tools, surfaces and supplies.
When it comes to surfaces, there are so many factors to ask yourself:

"what do I want to achieve?"
"what tools will I use?"
"will the medium be wet or dry?"
"rough or smooth?"

and the list goes on!

But what if you just want something of absolute quality that you can do almost anything to?
Then I recommend Arches 300lb cold press paper.  

You don't have to stretch it.
You can paint with almost any medium on it (not just watercolour)
You can print on it.
You can collage on it.
You can scratch out details and not go right through it.
It won't buckle.
It will last a VERY long time (it's archival).

So I've put together a little pack of 10 ACEO size sheets and 10 clear ACEO sleeves 
for you to get creative with.

Make sure you let me know what you come up with!


A fun commission that finished off 2010 for me - two cats,  two personalities, and a whole lot of fun.


2 comments:

Alex Zonis said...

Love these cats!

Happy New Year to you!

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Beautiful cats, how nice of you to share your paper secrets!