Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Holy Pigment Batman! Check out the paint from Daniel Smith...

Okay, you all know how much I love Daniel Smith Watercolours. 
 It's no secret.


The pigment is incredible, they have exclusive colours created from genuine gemstones (like Sleeping Beauty Turquoise from, you guessed it, Sleeping Beauty Mountain in Arizona)



I also love getting mail, and when I opened up a package of 238 colour dots from Daniel Smith, well, I was pretty excited.  The next blog post from me will most likely show you all the little paintings I create from some of the colours I've never tried before.  Like Moonglow, for example.

My long-term goals include creating a project book from my own work.  I have to say, though, that I'm a little backed up. So if you have a yen to try your hand at watercolour and need a little guidance, may I suggest the new Project Book from Daniel Smith?  The book contains 21 different projects and is accompanied by step-by-step DVD demonstrations for each project.

Daniel Smith - Watercolor Project Book

You have 3 different price options:

1) - just the book and dvd for $16.95

2) - the book, dvd, and 54 paint dots for $19.95 

3) - the complete starter kit for $26.95 - you absolutely cannot go wrong with this one if you are just starting out - here's what you get:
  • The book and dvd
  • Color Dot Cards with 54 try-it size paint dots— contain enough paint to do your project
  • Size 5 Round Watercolor Brush
  • Plastic 10-well Palette and
  • 10 5" x 7" Watercolor Cards
  • 1/4 sheet of Tracing Paper
Each project is a painting designed to highlight three specific colors of DANIEL SMITH Watercolor. Subjects include flowers, fruit, birds, leaves, ribbons, landscapes, a sailboat, a zebra and a stained glass window. Each color is pictured and described, with pigment, granulation and transparency information. There’s a sketch for you to copy, and a finished example for you to follow. As you do the projects, you’ll learn about each color’s attributes and see how to use them effectively. With the Project Book and DVD, you’ll have fun increasing your knowledge of paints and color combinations.

And when you're done, let me know what you create! I'd love to see it. You can even post it to my Facebook Page









1 comment:

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Looks like your having a lot of fun! Can't wait to see what you create with them!