Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

An Event!


I'm in the middle of planning an event.

This is a big thing for me, because planning and organizing are not my strongest points.
I'm really good at showing up and making the best of any situation. 

I'm the kind of girl who can make dinner in 5 minutes out of 2 ingredients

 
but give me all day to prepare 
and I'll have done everything BUT make dinner 
until 5 minutes before the guests arrive.

So the only way this is working for me is to just jump in and pretend it's happening tomorrow.
I've made phone calls, I've designed the poster, I've sent the ticket design to the printer and I've (somewhat) organized entertainment for the night. Thankfully I have two amazingly organized women leading the wagon here or who knows where our event might end up...

So what's the big deal? It's HUGE (well, in my world it is, anyway).  On December 1, 2010 from 6pm to 9pm the Chatham-Kent Etsy Team will be presenting "An Evening at The Mansion".  It will be an indulgent night of shopping for the finest quality handmade gifts in one of Chatham's most historical homes.  The Mansion on Victoria was built in 1875 for the then Lord Mayor of Chatham. From their website: "The Mansion's original grandeur will charm and romance with its luxury and elegance. Complete with amenities of the discerning traveler, The Mansion is located on a beautiful tree lined street on one of Chatham's most prestigious avenue." Operating now as a B&B, for those who wish to come from afar for this event, why not stay at The Mansion?



As the event draws closer, I'll have more news for you on who will be exhibiting their work, what kind of entertainment, and the down-low on refreshments (aren't you glad I'm not cooking for this?) 

For now, it's time to get back to work. Painting, that is. 

I'm confident that my trusty CK Etsy team cohorts, Brenda Braun and Ann Kirkham, will give me a kick if I get preoccupied organizing my sock drawer and fall behind with my duties...

7 comments:

Erin said...

That event sounds AMAZING!!
Marking it on my calendar.

Christy DeKoning said...

Thank you Erin - we should have tickets either tomorrow or Monday (I'd love to have them for the weekend)

Marnie S said...

Event? I like events:)

Christy DeKoning said...

And you can walk to this one, Marnie!

smellyrhinostudio said...

I totally want to be there. You never know!

Christy DeKoning said...

It's a long way for 3 hours, but it'll be GORGEOUS Becca! And I could show you the sights of this small but lovely city while you're here. I couldn't resist sending you an invite :-)

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Sounds like an awesome idea for an event. I bet everyone will have a great time!