Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Allegro original butterfly painting


Have I mentioned lately how much I'm enjoying working on canvas? I can manipulate the paint in any direction, lay it on thick, or dilute it by (literally) taking the shower head to it.

It withstands scrubbing, scraping, and all-round abuse. And if you don't like the way a painting is going, throw it in the shower with a scrubber (I like the little plastic surgical nail brushes) and start all over again. A wonderful platform for releasing one's artistic frustrations!

"Allegro" is a mixed media painting on 12x12 inch canvas, composed of watercolour, gouache, and a whole lot of movement (pushing and pulling the paint, dripping, and playing with light)

allegro |əˈlegrō| Music
"A direction to play lively and fast"

ORIGIN Italian, literally ‘lively, gay.’

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is absolutely beautiful!!

Christy DeKoning said...

Thank you!

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Gorgeous, I really can't decide which one of your two butterfly paintings I love more!

Diana Evans said...

oh wow Christy!!! this is gorgeous!!!

Jen said...

i'm still not receiving notifcations of your new posts in my inbox!

smellyrhinostudio said...

gawjus! :)

Christy DeKoning said...

Thank you Pam, Diana and Becca!

Christy DeKoning said...

update on "Allegro" - status is now "SOLD"

thank you!!!