Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Two Cats

As some of you know, I've been selling some art at the Ridgetown Farmer's Market this summer.
An unlikely place, you might think, to sell art.

I know I certainly thought so when I gave it a try!

The surprise is, it was a really great change for me - not only does it get me out of my studio once a week, but I've also made new contacts, and sold not only some originals and prints but also received a few small commissions.

Here are two photos of Gambit - a beautiful little cat I was lucky enough to paint for a visiting Vet Tech student.


  The second photo was taken before I finished her nose & mouth, but I'm sure you can get the idea.

3 comments:

alcatmom said...

What a gorgeous little girl!!! Beautiful job!

Christy DeKoning said...

thank you!!!!

Pam of Always Artistic said...

They are beautiful! I am sure they will be loved, pet portraits are so special!