Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Watercolour work-in-progress: figurative nude

Work-in-Progress Wednesday
Figurative Nude on Canvas

charcoal sketch

first wash: idanthrone blue and naphthamide maroon
quinacridone gold

second wash: more of the same
adding quinacridone burnt orange and ultramarine turquoise

third wash: more of the same: adding quinacridone magenta

creating texture and atmosphere: rubbing out with water,
darkening contrasting values

"fiction #1" 
24" x 30"
original figurative nude 
watercolour on canvas
by christy dekoning

I need to set this aside for at least a day and decide what else it needs (if anything) before I sign it.

4 comments:

Chuck Dilmore said...

love the movements...
left knee and right hand.
breathless to the observer.

Christy DeKoning said...

Thank you Chuck,
Breathless is a wonderful state
And it means so much to me,
Knowing my work could evoke
A journey of the senses

I am trying,
With this Body of work
To leave more to the viewer's
Imagination

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Beautiful!

Manon Doyle said...

Hey, Christy! I first saw your drawing on FB and I love where she's ended up. Sign her, girlfriend!! She looks perfect to me.
xo