Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Lighthouse mini oil painting

Sometimes, I put the watercolour aside 
and bring out oil paint 
so I can work with a palette knife.

Lighthouse oil painting
"Untitled Lighthouse Oil Painting" (as yet)
oil on canvas
4x5 inches by Christy DeKoning



The Light-Keeper
by Robert Louis Stevenson

The brilliant kernel of the night,
The flaming lightroom circles me:
I sit within a blaze of light

Held high above the dusky sea.
Far off the surf doth break and roar
Along bleak miles of moonlit shore,

Where through the tides the tumbling wave
Falls in an avalanche of foam
And drives its churned waters home
Up many an undercliff and cave.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! I had no idea you are as talented in oils as you are in watercolour.

I just love it:-)

Karen Peters - Ottawa

Christy DeKoning said...

Thank you so much Karen!

I'm nowhere NEAR as skilled with oils. I've spent years developing my watercolour technique, so whenever I pick up oils I feel like I'm learning to walk on jello, but that's where the fun is!!!

Pam of Always Artistic said...

This is beautiful! You know I love anything with lighthouses! lol

Christy DeKoning said...

Thanks Pam,
and yes, I do remember you loving lighthouses!

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Yeah, I actually stopped a customer the other day, she had a gorgeous shirt on it had about 8 tiny lighthouses in a row, and she had her back to me but I caught a glimpse. lol

smellyrhinostudio said...

beautiful christy! Great subject as well! Everyone loves a good lighthouse. :)

Christy DeKoning said...

Becca did you feel me?

I was just over on your blog when you posted that comment.

Spreading cosmic karmic vibes all over Notes from Smelly Rhino Studio lol.

Som's Studio said...

Its beautiful! You must have cards/ bookmarks available for us too!

Christy DeKoning said...

Thank you Som!
I'll have some soon, promise :-)

I'm hoping to have a few more lighthouses/seascapes painted next month for an art show at Erieau (lake erie) at the end of July.

bed frames said...

Beautiful indeed. Oil painting is your master piece. I can see that in sample. That lighthouse is so terrific.