Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Painting Audrey Hepburn in wine video

There was a little glitch recently that affected me in a very big way. Kindle and Penguin have not been able to come to terms about the e-book pricing, which meant that as of April 1st, 2010, there would be no new Penguin books for the Kindle (until an agreement is reached, I guess).

Considering that Dead in the Family was released on May 4th, this had a huge effect on my reading habits.

It wasn't until yesterday that I came across something quite by accident. It's available for download in Canada (at the typically inflated rate that we've come to expect).

Now I've read some blogs and found most folks aren't willing to pay $16.27 for an ebook. I, on the other hand, will pay almost anything for my Sookie fix. I figure it's good Karma somehow, for all the ebooks I've downloaded (and enjoyed) for free (legally, of course - there are always free books to choose from at the Kindle store)

So now I'm a happy camper, ready to stay up all night reading about the latest goings-on in the Sookieverse.

BUT WHAT ABOUT ART??? you ask....

Here. I made a little video for you today. Yes, I know it's poor quality. Yes, I know it's a mirror image. But I made it especially for you. Thank you for hanging in there while I didn't post for 2 weeks.

(and remember - your comments get you entered in the monthly giveaway - your chances are pretty good this month what with only a few posts!)

6 comments:

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Wow that is beautiful, and how nice to see you! I never would have thought that you could paint using wine until you showed us!

Christy DeKoning said...

Pam, thank you!
I've found that Shiraz has the most pleasing "wine" colour. Some red wines turn a bit brownish.
plus, they taste pretty good.
Is it warm in your neck of the woods?
(or prairies?)

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Hi Christy! Your welcoem!

Warm, no not today we had rain all day, and thunder & a tad bit of lighning in the afternoon! I played with my art a bit, it was really relaxing listening to the rain!

Anonymous said...

Hi Christy,

Your work is fantastic! I enjoy your blog and really enjoyed seeing this video and your painting with wine. Keep up the good work! Thank you.

Manon Doyle said...

Christy,
That was a great video!! Painting with wine? who knew!! LOL!! I tend to drink the stuff and now I can paint with it!! Loved your tutorial!!
Btw.... I thought you were going to have an Australian accent but you have a slight Canadian accent instead!!

Christy DeKoning said...

Manon, I'm glad you liked it - I drink and paint with it at the same time :-)

I've lived in Canada for 20 years now (holy crow where did the time go?) and I remember working pretty hard at losing the accent when I first arrived. Mostly because I felt like a circus attraction ("say 'orange' again") haha!

Although, truth be told (and we are speaking of wine here), it's been brought to my attention that when I'm a few sheets to the wind the accent slips in again.