Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Trouble downsizing my display.

Aaaargh!!
I don't know how to downsize.

I have an event to attend tomorrow night and I need to downsize my display to only FOUR FEET.



Yup, half a table.
I'm able to bring an easel but it's just not enough.
The event is the first of its kind in Chatham-Kent, and the purpose is to introduce/connect the business side of our community to the arts & culture side. In other words, it's a "Business - meets - Arts" networking event.

I am including the large work-in-progress of Anna Pavlova so that I can paint while I'm there (when I'm not talking too much lol)

So yeah, this is my day today. I feel like I haven't accomplished anything other than fighting with my field easel for an hour or two. But it will all work out. Breathe in.... Breathe out....

So in other news, please tell me what you think of my mixed media here. It was one of those days for experimenting with different types of paint in an attempt to express the emotion of the hour.

(and remember - your comments get entered into the April draw for a custom mini portrait!)

original mixed media
Watercolour, fluid acrylic and gouache
2.5 x 3.5 inches

6 comments:

Purple Pony Art said...

4 feet, yikes!! I hope the event goes well regardless. I'm used to sharing a table with Mom, so I'm able to mix it up a bit.

Manon Doyle said...

Good luck with 4 feet! Omg.... I would need 10 for sure...lol.
Sounds like a great event! Have fun!
Ahhh.....are you coming over to my side of the mixed media world? Welcome!! Love the piece!! : )

Christy DeKoning said...

Purple Pony, I don't really like to share.
not my table, anyway.

does that make me a bad person?

I'm looking for boxes I can stack higher in the back to go "up" instead of "across". I've got loads of black fabric to cover them with.

Manon, no I'm not quite ready to jump the fence yet. But it's so nice to have other mediums at my disposal.
I picked up some fluid acrylics after being inspired by Nicholas Simmons , who uses them together with watercolour for many of his large-scale paintings.

Marlene said...

The mixed media is beautiful, good luck on the event.

Laura said...

You've supplied such a great mix of art on this table, I would definitely be drawn to it.
I love that you're also displaying jewelry, something different!
And I see you've included one of my favourite paintings (the ballerina legs). Good luck, and have fun :)
Everything looks so great!

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Hope you figured it out! Beautiful art!