Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Paintings that reflect life.

"Quinn"
8x10 watercolour portrait
- the unfinished version - 

Sometimes I feel closest to a painting in the final stages before it is actually finished. At this stage of painting "Quinn" I hadn't added the detail to his jacket, deepened shadows or smoothed the hard edges of the facial features.

And I kind of like it.

I have several portraits on the go right now, so while I plug away at them I'll share a few of the paintings I completed in the last few months.

"Golden Days"
5x8 inches
(did I show you this already?)

These paintings all have a common thread, in that I love the life and vitality that I've created. Sometimes, as I've often said, "it just works".

"Doozer"
5x7 inches
watercolour on 140lb cold press paper

I LOVED loved loved painting Doozer. 
I'll share Doozer's companion, Ms. Zero, with you next time!

(psst: remember to comment and/or retweet for a chance to win a FREE mini portrait)


6 comments:

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Wow these are amazing!

Christy DeKoning said...

thanks Pam - so glad you like them!

Kathleen said...

Love them all, Christy - have to say that Golden Days is my favorite, though. =)

Diana Evans said...

oh wow!!! these are fantastic Christy!!!

Marlene said...

Beautiful and I also have to say I love the Golden Days the best. I had a golden and it is gorgeous.

Alex Zonis said...

Christy, the child's portrait is fantastic! It is luminous! Wow, something to aspire to.

I love both doggies, but the child's face just blows my mind!