Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Valentine's Day original ACEO paintings

Yesterday I did a little (and I really mean, "a little") de-stashing of my unfinished ACEO art.


What this means is that I dug around in a little box that used to hold taffy from Savannah, GA and found a few pieces that I'd abandoned, and felt inspired to finish.


This crow had a bright yellow background that I didn't know what to do with... so a little bit of paint later, I had a new Valentine's Day ACEO card:





original ACEO painting


Then, while I was still feeling all gushy and full of fancy, I painted this big heart growing out of the grass:



original ACEO painting


And finally, I finished one of my Waif Kitties from last spring that just wasn't quite right:





4 comments:

Manon Doyle said...

I'm so happy to come here and see your lovely paintings as I am having a total painter's meltdown today!! LOL! Landscapes aren't my thing sister!!
Your crow ACEO is fantastic...... perfect for Valentine's!!
xo
p.s. If you have some extra time could you come finish my painting? lol

Christy DeKoning said...

ah, Manon,
art is full of meltdowns mais oui?

I'd love to visit you and
play with the paint in your studio.
what fun!

maybe a road trip in the summe

Manon Doyle said...

Maybe I'll road trip to you girlfriend! I'm planning on seeing my family this summer!! We're actually not too far from each other!!

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Beautiful pieces of art! The crow really stands out with the red and yellow background! And I LOVE the hearts!