Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black sketch and painting



Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black - done two ways.

I was asked to paint the "short-haired" version of Jacob for an avid Twilight Fan to add to her collection of ACEO portraits.

The only request, other than short hair, was that the colour scheme match the rest of my Twilight paintings.

After creating the sketch, I wasn't sure if I wanted to use smooth or rough paper so I transferred the drawing to both 140lb hot press and cold press Arches paper.


(both are ACEO size: 2.5 x 3.5 inches)





After working out the painting on the textured paper, I decided to go back to my sketch on the smooth and have fun with a bit of ink instead, like a comic book character.

I'm curious - which one do you prefer?

This will be my final post for the year, as I'm closing the studio for Christmas and a much-needed spa getaway in January.

I'll return around the second week of January, refreshed and ready to share all the portraits I've been working on (the ones I can't show you yet because they are Christmas surprises)

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Manon Doyle said...

OK.... I can't pick! I seriously tried but I like them both!

Funny.... I did my last post of the year today also!
I'm not going to the spa however.... I'm going to take my parents to Arizona....yup! You get spa time and I get my parents.....lol! I will need spa time when I get home.... for sure!
I hope your holidays are fabulous girlfriend!! Enjoy your downtime!

manon
xo

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Wow I like them both a lot, I think I like the 1st one best because of the coloring though!

Enjoy your getaway! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you!

Campbell Jane said...

They are both awesome!
Happy Holidays & Many Blessings
Campbelljane

Alex Zonis said...

These are really cool! I am sure who the person is (is it a show?), but the portrait are fantastic.

Come and see my last two paintings. I have finished a portrait and was hoping you'd stop by and tell me what you think.

Have a wonderful Holiday break and enjoy your spa. I am jealous :)

WATERBABY CHRISTINE said...

I like the moodiness of the first.

Terry Banderas said...

I like them both. Happy new year Christy.