Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Marilyn Monroe, Vintage Wine, and a Victorian Christmas

I start to feel like time is running out somewhere around this time each year... you too?

Deadlines, shopping, baking, cleaning*, family time, and parties! How can we possibly fit it all into one short month?

I'm working non-stop right now, between commissions that are needed for Christmas and creating new paintings to fill the gaps in my shop - and I'm not complaining - I love  the buzz!

First of all, I'm working on new original ACEO paintings that I can offer at a lower price - $12 each - they will be simple and affordable little gems of art that you can stuff stockings with, embellish your giftwrap with, or add to a gift that is needing a little extra (I think they are the perfect add-on to a book, because I've found that ACEOs are just the right size for an impromptu bookmark!)

And now, without further ado, three new originals:


original ACEO $12 at ArtFire

This next one I had to sketch out in preparation for a class I'll be teaching in February called "Painting with Wine". The idea came from one of my visits to Terry Banderas' art blog, and when I suggested it to the Thames Art Gallery they asked me to teach it! And yes, it's painted with real wine - in this case, Jackson Trigg's Merlot :-)


original ACEO painting $12 at ArtFire


original ACEO painting $12 at ArtFire


So I'll try to post more often, but they will be short and sweet - "just the facts, ma'am!" to let you know what's happening in the studio (and around).


*that's just a rumour, of course, as it doesn't happen here!

5 comments:

Manon Doyle said...

Christy... I can relate!! I have so much to do before I even think of Christmas.

All of you that do these ACEOs impress me!! They're sooo small! Wonderful idea to use as a bookmark!

OMG.... i just read that these paintings are on ACEOs! Great work!

Good luck tonight!

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Wow these paintings are beautiful! Sounds like a fun class to teach!

Chuck Dilmore said...

these are lovely, Christy!

take a breath
and remember
that everyone is here
and everything is lovely...
only because *you* are here.

peace~

Christy DeKoning said...

Manon, at least I don't have to cook a turkey like you do! Thanks for the love, and we had a FAB time last Thursday night. The CK Etsy Street team will be at it again this Thursday at Eve Chocolatier.

Pam, I think it will be a lot of fun. Good thing I love red wine :-)

Chuck, I'm breathing in and out
and thanking God for friends
like you.
Thanks.

Terry Banderas said...

Christy--

I finally saw your little wine sketch. Beautifully done--loose and fresh!!!