Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Custom Watercolor Portraits Tuesday edition


Good morning! It's another balmy November day here in Southwestern Ontario. I'm enjoying the mildest November I've had since I left Australia... divine. Yesterday, I sat on the front steps without a jacket. This is a big deal for me!

Okay on to business. I've nothing new for my shop so far; however, I'm finishing up a custom painting a day it seems. One of the best things about my job is the people I get to meet, and the fact that every day brings something new and fresh. Many artists don't enjoy commissions, but I love them, because it means I don't have time to suffer from "Artists Block". I wake up, make a smoothie, and sit down to a new idea just waiting for me to tackle it with form and colour.

And then there are the people I meet. I love hearing from clients that I painted portraits for a year ago, coming back to me this year for new paintings. I can see how their children have grown up, and learn a little about life in other countries and cultures. This painting, above, is for a favourite client of mine in Paris, France. I'm always delighted to hear from her, because I know she'll have something a little different, a little out of the ordinary for me. I'm sharing the first of 4 paintings with you today. Enjoy!



Buy Handmade Gifts this Christmas!

3 comments:

Manon Doyle said...

Hey Christy,

Yup.... it's also been nice in Ohio! I remember what we considered balmy in Brantford..... a little chillier that what I'm now used to!

I once had a dog commission of two Australian Shepherds and my client sent the pics. The one dog appeared to be black so I painted him black. I posted the finished product on my blog and she left a comment saying how beautiful they were but...... the one dog was actually brown! LOL! I had to go back in and repaint...ugh! Note to self on commissions...... ask a lot of questions. : )

The couple in this painting look really happy! You really captured a great feeling! Lovely work!!

manon
xo

Christy DeKoning said...

Manon, I did the same thing a few months back... I painted a Black Lab and it turned out to be a Chocolate Lab...oops!

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Beautiful portrait! We are also having a beautiful winter so far!