Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Siberian Husky Watercolor

I've been a little remiss in posting to my blog lately, because I thought I didn't have time to blog. I've been updating my Facebook Page, Tweeting, responding to emails and, of course, painting. What I failed to remember, of course, was that not every blog post has to be a short story. So allow me to share with you what I've been up to, a paragraph at a time!

I've found myself painting a lot of dogs lately. Big dogs, small dogs, huge paintings, itty-bitty paintings. Labradors, Shih-tzus, and more. So for the next several posts I'll focus on the dogs. To get things rolling, here's my personal favorite:

Siberian Husky. The blue eyes, the expression - it all drew me in. And the nose...so sweet!

I didn't use any masking fluid for this painting, instead I just layered very light washes and glazes. The reflection on the nose was achieved by painting around the white space, then once it was dry I lifted out the color around the white space to soften it.

Next up: Shih Tzu, Lion Dog and/or Chrysanthemum Dog ...

Register on ArtFire.com

No comments: