Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Unique, one-of-a-kind gifts

I hear this quite often from my clients when they commission a small portrait: "It's a gift". In fact, most of my smaller paintings are commissioned as gifts - especially the ACEO and 5x7 sizes.

Why?

1. They're absolutely one-of-a-kind.

2. Guaranteed "wow" factor when the crinkly wrapping paper is torn off.

3. Everybody else will be wishing they thought of something so thoughtful and imaginative.

4. No way this is getting regifted at the Christmas office party.

5. Surprisingly affordable!

Last month I had a surprise weekend sale on my ACEO custom paintings, and all the members of my Facebook Fan Page got the news first (if you haven't joined my Facebook Page yet - there's a little box on the right sidebar that will take you there to check it out).

Where can you commission a small portrait? Well, you could start here by sending me a message (comment here on my blog), or visit my ArtFire shop - the perfect starting point for cool handmade shopping.

3 comments:

Caio Fernandes said...

your work is realy good . yes , it is a gift to see then . and a pleasure to come to your blog ( that i just discovered now ). it is unique .
thank you Christy .

Christy DeKoning said...

Thank you for the lovely comment Caio. I hope to see you here again!

Peter Porzio said...

Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childhood days, recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth, and transport the traveler back to his own fireside and quiet home! nice post and thanks for sharing...