Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hummingbird ACEO

Hummingbird ACEO painting

I love painting birds.

Acquiring a new camera this year has allowed me to capture some wonderful reference photos to work from, and I assure you I'll be painting more robins, jays and cardinals soon.

But it was on my honeymoon in St. Lucia several years ago that I was lucky enough to snap a few hummingbird shots, enabling me to reference their beautiful flight patterns.

I've painted a few original hummingbird ACEO watercolors this year, and here's a new one featuring iridescent Daniel Smith paint over the green wings.

I have this one listed on eBay for a change - I haven't had an auction in a while, so we'll see if anyone still remembers me over there! The starting bid is $9.99 - you can find it here if you'd like to place a bid.

Let me know what you think :-)

Good luck!



Register on ArtFire.com

1 comment:

LindaGJ said...

Oh I love this hummingbird so much. One of my bffs would love it too. You have so many to choose from, I will indeed add one of your paintings to my art collection. Yes one of my passions is to collect other living artist's art work if I am in love with them! I would probably want an 8" by 10" print, but I have to decide 1st. It's really hard to decide because there are so many faves!!! I have never seen an aceo, and think it just may be too small.
Anyway, just dropping by to wish you a Happy Independence Day!!!
Linda :)