Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Feeling a bit Irish? Sock Monkey Can Help!

Feeling a bit Irish?

With St. Patrick's Day almost upon us, I took my standard Sock Monkey illustration and sketched him this time holding a Shamrock. A bit of Irish Luck for this sunny Wednesday!

The background I painted with a mix of Sap Green & Cobalt Yellow paint first, then I let it dry. I "painted" shamrocks all over the background with Masking Fluid, allowed it to dry completely, then used a straight wash of Sap Green over the background again. Once it was dry, I used a soft eraser to gently remove the masking fluid.

The original ACEO I posted last night on Art Fire, but then I had some fun making a couple new items over at Zazzle that I thought I'd share with you:

St. Patrick's Day Sock Monkey Button button
St. Patrick's Day Sock Monkey Button by ChristyDeKoning


Sock Monkey & Shamrock card
Sock Monkey & Shamrock by ChristyDeKoning
The inside verse reads:
Sock Monkey says:
"Never Iron a 4-Leaf Clover...
You don't want to press your luck!"

RANDOM NOTES:
Why am I always ending each post with this?
Register on ArtFire.com
Because when you register on Art Fire by using this link, it helps me out too!
(mucho thanks)

3 comments:

smellyrhinostudio said...

HA HA HA!!! You are very good indeed! But I know something that you don't know.. I am not lefthanded!

Christy DeKoning said...

INCONCEIVABLE!!!

aquariann said...

Tee hee, what a cutie! Clever inside verse on the Zazzle card. ;D