Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tux in Tilos - new cat ACEO painting

"Tux in Tilos"
original ACEO cat painting
$12 at Art Fire

Petar, a wonderful cat photographer over at PicCat.com, provides me with so much inspiration when it comes to painting cats.

This little Tuxedo cat was drawn from a feral cat he once photographed. I loved the pose, peeking out from a window or ledge somewhere. I was unhappy with the eyes and background though, and wanted to make something a bit more cheery.

Cerulean blue always makes me think of the Greek Islands, so I used it as my backdrop and for the shadows on this lovely cat. I changed the eyes to make them bigger and brighter, and TaDa! Here we have Tux living splendidly on the finest fish available on the island of Tilos.

If only it were that simple to change the poor cat's life that originally inspired this portrait.


4 comments:

Amy Lilley Designs said...

Beautiful kitty...and looks sooooo different, in a good way on your ArtFire shop favs....I would take them all in if I could...as Little Kitty sits, purring away on my lap...:))))

Christy DeKoning said...

Thanks so much Amy, I know I feel the same way about the strays. Wish I could help them all!

Kathleen said...

Lovely as always!

Christy DeKoning said...

Thank you Kathleen - I love your blog, but my Mac won't let me see your captchas so I can't comment on it :-(