Pages

Friday, February 6, 2009

Scarlett & Lily in Blue

Scarlett & Lily in Blue
4"x6" original watercolor

I was so happy to sell the first in this series of Scarlett paintings to fellow blogger Kelly over at Happy Shack Designs that when I discovered she had twin redheads (one with curly hair!) well, I just had to paint Scarlett in reverse. With flame red curls this time.

As you know, I'm a big fan of the Twilight series, and I have a little photo of Rachelle Lefevre (she played "Victoria") with her gorgeous red curls in my "inspiration" box. I'm so happy with her hair this way that it will be fun mixing it up from straight to curly in future paintings.

I also chose Idanthrone Blue for the dress this time, with Perylene Green for the floor area and the same Permanent Rose/Quinacridone Rose mix for the background.

Her hair color is the same as before: Permanent Alizarin Crimson and Quinacridone Gold (yum!)


2 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

Oooo, Kelly, you got a good one!

Christy DeKoning said...

:-) that's so sweet, thanks Karen!