Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Artist Interviews, Ipromote, and a new Avatar.

I've had a great week so far! I've been promoted in several different ways, and I've been inspired by others.

First, I finally "branded" myself. Not literally (ouch) but in the Virtual sense. My artwork has started popping up all over the place lately, and I've had various avatars for different social media sites. So it was time to clean up my image a bit, and to that end I needed an Avatar that showed the world who I am and what I do.

Without further ado, this is me, from my point of reference. A watercolor portrait artist trying not to take herself (or anything else for that matter) too seriously:

✿ ✿ ✿

Next to tick off this week:

My Twilight-inspired portraits that I painted last month have received a lot of attention. TwiFans picked up on the cards as a Valentine idea and blogged about it at TwiFans.com
Thanks Alison!

A couple weeks ago I was contacted by Michelle from the Twilight Series Theories website. I love this podcast from sisters Kallie & Kassie - a lot of fun, and they discuss more than just Twilight. Michelle has helped them build a new section on Artists that feature Twilight art, and she interviewed me here.

✿ ✿ ✿

And then last night, I signed up for iPromote, which is pay-per-click advertising, because I LOVE the style of their ad.
So far (in less than 24 hours) my stats show that the ad has been viewed over 22,000 times, and clicked on 7 times. Which means I've already spent $7.00...hmm, we'll see how long I keep THIS up. And the "clicks" are suspicious at best. I linked this Art Fire listing specifically so that I could monitor the success. In the first hour, I had 2 clicks, which registered in my Art Fire stats right away. Okay - that's legit.

But since then, apparently there have been 5 more clicks, but they aren't showing up in my Art Fire stats (the stats on Art Fire show the links that they came in from - very handy)

So I'll give it a few days, check my Google Analytics, and find out what is legit and what isn't, and then blog all about it!

See you around,
Christy

Register on ArtFire.com

✿ ✿ ✿

7 comments:

Deb DiSalvo said...

LOVE your new avatar! Very nice!!
Cheers,
Deb:)

Christy DeKoning said...

Thanks Deb :-)

Amy Lilley Designs said...

I LOVE this new avatar...it's all in the EYES...just gorgeous!!!

Kim said...

congratulations on all of your recent attention and features ..
you certainly deserve it Christy!!!
this sp/avatar (self portrait) ;) is fabulous :)

Kim said...

ps Charlotte said wow!!
when she saw your sp ;)

Shea said...

I've never been able to figure out the google analytics without it messing up my blog page, what's the trick to it, cool blog, and art by the way

Ellis Nadler said...

interesting info