Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Art Fire Opening & Sock Monkey Love

"Monkey Love"
$12
Original ACEO painting
www.christydekoning.artfire.com

I opened a new shop over the weekend over at Art Fire. I'm giving it a try for several reasons, but the biggest one is NO FEES (almost) ... I opted for the $7.00 a month option, because I usually have about 100 items available at any given time in my Etsy shop, and I want to slowly add them all to my ArtFire shop too. The "no fees" option only allows for 10 items at a time - perfect for those just starting out.


ArtFire - Buy Handmade - Sell Handmade


The $7.00/month option "for life" is only available to the first 5000 members who opt in, and so far they have sold half of them already. The regular price for a verified account will be $20 after these are sold. Just in case this turns out to be the next big thing, I wanted to be locked in. And right now, I spend between $40 and $100 a month on Etsy fees so it's worth a try for me.

To celebrate my new store opening, I'm offering CUSTOM ACEO portraits for only $15 (that's $5.00 off my regular fee)

Just select "Make an Offer" option from this listing, and type in $15.00 - I'll accept it right away!


I'll be promoting this new store a lot, because the more people who give Art Fire a try, the better it will be for all involved. If you open a shop, let me know and I'll visit you, stumble you, heart you, the works!

And the best thing: with little to no fees, I can afford to do more promotions!

ArtFire - Buy Handmade - Sell Handmade

5 comments:

Deb DiSalvo said...

Christy-
Let me know how this goes for you. I've been contemplating doing the same thing, but I'm on the computer so much as it is, I'm afraid it would bog me down and then I would spend NO time with my son!!!! He's in a.m. kindergarten now, so maybe when he's fulltime in school next year. Anyway, keep me posted!
Cheers,
Deb

Christy DeKoning said...

It's hard to balance the art work (creation process) with the business side of things (blogging, taking care of shops, etc) isn't it? I am in the same boat. My youngest goes to Montessori 3 mornings a week and that's when I'm the most productive.
I'll be giving Art Fire as much attention as I can, because I'd love for it to work. So yes, I'll let you know how it progresses!

Amy Lilley Designs said...

Hey Gals...I just opened a shop on ArtFire as well...one thing I like so far is that you can see how many hits each item is receiving...I still have to post more 'stuff', but it's a start...you two have little ones @ home and that certainly changes the way your daily lives go...let's keep one another posted...big hugs to you both...:))))

Amy Lilley Designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirsten said...

Hi Christy,

I just wanted to pop in and say "Welcome to Art Fire"! You've joined a fine community of very talented artisans. If you ever need anything, please let me know.
:-)

Thanks!
Kirsten
Director of Member Engagement
ArtFire.com