Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

More Twilight Paintings


Holy Cow - I cannot believe how long it's been since my last post. Sorry! What can I say, except that I've been painting?

I've been fortunate to have a wait-list of portraits to start on right away this January, which is traditionally a slow time of year for me. Of course, I was looking forward to painting a few new originals for my Etsy shop but I haven't really gotten to that yet.


What I did do, however, was paint two more ACEO portraits inspired by the Twilight movie. I've had a few requests for more cast members, so I added Bella and another Edward. These two portraits were painted together, using the same cool color schemes, to evoke the mood of being in the forest. Both of these stills are from the scene where Edward is explaining how Carlisle changed him into a vampire. I love the light in this particular setting, and the wonderful play of emotions on the character's faces.

I've been taking photos along the way of some other portraits I've worked on this month, so I hope to post a step-by-step demo again soon.