Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Recipe to Share

Persian
8x10 inch watercolor (sold)

Chocolate, in my opinion, falls under the "Fine Art" category...so I'm here to share my favourite holiday chocolate truffle recipe.

It's one that we brought from Australia, and I believe it originally came from a Cadbury Bournville Cocoa advertisement circa 1985.

(note: this recipe includes one raw egg yolk - so please only make these if you are comfortable eating foods made with raw egg yolk. Personally, I'm a "raw food" kinda gal and add raw yolk to my morning smoothies every day; the guidelines I follow are to only use very fresh eggs from top-notch quality farms, preferable free range.)

Warning: this is NOT a health food, and it is not recommended eating by Sally Fallon of Nourishing Traditions fame (my cookbook bible).

Truffles Grand Marnier
Makes 30

60g butter
1 egg yolk
2 tblsp cocoa
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 tblsp Grand Marnier (or dark rum or brandy)
200g baking chocolate, grated

Cream butter with egg yolk in a bowl.
Add cocoa, icing sugar & liqueur
Mix thoroughly with 150g of the grated chocolate
Refrigerate until firm, if it is too soft to handle
Form into SMALL balls - about the size of a quarter all around
Roll them in the remaining grated chocolate & place them inside those little foil candy cups if you like.

Keep refrigerated until ready to devour!

1 comment:

Akira said...

Thanks for sharing your yummy recipe…. it's delicious.