Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Finishing up the three works in progress



As you can see from these last photos, this portrait lacked good lighting, but it was the only reference photo available of its kind. The lighting is flat, and straight on the subject's face with no structural shadows. The braided hair was a bit challenging to depict without including too many details, but I think it worked.

I've been working on some new pieces this week and will post them shortly! One pose, two styles - colorful abstract and traditional portraiture.

I'm also trying to finish up a very large portrait this week - 22x30 inches - for a local art show that happens in Chatham every 2 years, called Eye For Art. It's held at the Thames Art Gallery and is a juried exhibit, so wish me luck! I'll post the photos as I have some ready.

No comments: