Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Portraits and Jeans by a new Etsy seller

I just discovered this brand new seller on Etsy called PamTasticJeans

(I love the shimmer and glow in this portrait.)


Not only is she a very talented portrait artist (her skill with colored pencils is exceptional) but check out her amazing paintings on denim!


I don't know about you, but we have a few odd pieces of denim around our house that could use this kind of facelift. It takes it from 1985 to tres cool in my opinion. You send in your jeans with an idea of what you like, and it comes back like this. Wow! And the price? Only $50 for a small design, say on the pocket for example, and then up to about $400 for a number of complex and larger designs. This jacket shown here is $125 - all ready to go!

Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE Etsy???


2 comments:

Amy Lilley Designs said...

WOW...big change...love the new look and brave to change the template...the artist you posted looks like your work...it's funny, I used to draw on my jeans all the time..now it's 'wearable art' for sale...hmmmm...have a good weekend...

Christy DeKoning said...

Hi Amy!
Thank you for the encouraging words about the template. It's just a basic blogger template but I wanted a change, and this feels good for now. I'll upload a banner soon to give it a bit of branding.

My husband thought it was my work too - he loves it LOL... I explained to him (patiently, I thought) that my work does not have that "sheen" to it, which is very cool indeed.