Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

But I don't WANNA be NEMO!!!

Okay, it's almost Halloween and I'm in the same boat this year as I was last year. An unwilling Trick-or-Treater.

Last year, my 20 month old was heavily into Nemo. While Mommy and Daddy were living it up in Columbus, Ohio at the 2007 Linux Fest, we snuck in a little time for shopping and picked up this adorable Nemo costume at the Disney Store. I was so excited about how cute my little guy was going to be. My husband was a little more concerned about how the fish costume was a little feminine looking...but Nemo IS a boy fish, so I won the debate (not that there was any doubt about who would win anyway).

I thought our child would be positively thrilled to dress up as his fave fish. Boy was I wrong.

So after torturing him with photo shoots and visiting creepy neighbourhood houses, we wound up at Grandpa's house where all was well and he could play cars in peace, like any self-respecting fish...
This year I haven't spent a dime on a costume ... yet. I've taken 2 cardboard Huggies boxes and cut them into a creative car shape, which our now 32 month old son thinks is really cool.

...but don't expect him to want to WEAR it ...

I'll keep you updated on this. We have no desire for a repeat of last year's performance, nor do we want to scare the little guy. So our plan is to not have a plan. We will begin the evening by handing out treats, maybe performing the odd trick or two, and if (big "if") he decides that dressing up like a freak sounds like a good plan to get candy, then we will be ready with a cool car.

Or there's always Nemo again :-)

10 comments:

Davida said...

Those pictures are hilarious!

Malou said...

sorry but i can't stop laughing here...i almost pee in my pants hahahaha poor guy..;-P

Christy DeKoning said...

Davida, we think so too...they will be dug up every year until he gets married, poor guy.

Malou, we made a promise (my husband and I) not to torture him again this year. But after reviewing the photos...well it's tempting...LOL

niko said...

ow so cute nemo costume!!! i like it!! looks cute on him really..

drop u ec! :D take care.

Noemi "Mica" Watson said...

This cracked me up...you son is so cute but he has his own will too...

Amy Lilley Designs said...

GREAT PICS!!!!awww, poor precious boy...Edward slept thru his first couple of Halloweens...whew!

noelevz said...

He is so adorable! :) It looks so cute on him.

BTW, I'd like to remind you about the interview questions I sent, I hope you've answered it already. If you have just email me with the answers ok? I'll be putting you up for the first week of November.

regards,
Noel

Laane said...

Awwww...

The outfit is so cute, but that doesn't help, does it?

Karen Faulkner said...

Christy, the 2nd picture (with the fish-butt)is hysterical. Let us know how it turns out this year. Happy Halloween!

lina said...

awww... but even in tears, he is so cute!

Hope he had a fun time on Halloween!