Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

The Red Shoes for Vintage Friday

"The Red Shoes"
2.5 x 3.5 inches (ACEO)
$16.50 at Etsy.com

As a former ballet student, The Red Shoes was a movie I watched over and over again. To me, as a little girl, those gorgeous red ballet slippers were the living end. I wanted them.

It seemed fitting to me that while painting a series of vintage posters in ACEO size, I should include at least one ballet movie poster. The fun thing about this poster is the 1950's pinup girl style it has - so unlike a traditional ballerina.

Fun, Vintage, Fridays are my favourite!

3 comments:

Amy Lilley Designs said...

I can feel the dancer in you right down to the placement of her fingers...I spent some time in San Francisco within the dance community doing ALOT of drawing at some of the studios...loved it...beautiful piece..especially the RED SHOES!!

Christy DeKoning said...

Amy, that would have been such a blast drawing at the studios. I've never actually gone to a studio as anything other than a dancer. You've given me the idea that it would be fun to visit a local studio as a visual artist instead. Thanks!

Amy Lilley Designs said...

I kind of slipped in very quietly and started drawing..then, the secret was out and my little corner in the back was somewhat compromised...but I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED my days in the studio...you MUST let me know if you do some drawing!!!!