Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Few Good Cats

As Christmas approaches (can you hear those sleigh bells ringing yet?) my business tends to pick up for commissions, which means that I will be blogging less and less - however, when I do post it will be with portraits that I'm working on, with step-by-step photos whenever I remember to stop in between washes and snap a photo!

My Etsy store was needing some new original ACEO cats - here are 2 new ones listed this week, and one that I completed for a client on commission.

Let's start with the lovely Matisse seen above - sold, but I will offer prints soon

Here we have "Sacha" - as my Dad pointed out, it looks like he's getting ready to leap tall buildings in a single bound (no, it wasn't my intention for the white area to the right of Sacha to look like a super-hero cape, but I like the resemblance!)
Looking at it again, wouldn't it be fun to paint Sacha with a mask and cape, resting his front paws on a pumpkin for Hallowe'en? Hmmmm.....


And last, please meet "Astrid" - sitting on top of her world. I love the contrast of Cerulean Blue and Quinacridone Gold (the orange tones) - one of my favourite colour schemes.

5 comments:

Amy Lilley Designs said...

beautiful, beautiful, sweet, sweet, sweet...I'm thinking 'Christmas' as well...YIKES!

Karen Faulkner said...

That's funny, dads tend to tell it like they see it, don't they?
I love that the first cat is named Matisse!

Christy DeKoning said...

Well....I DID have 2 new paintings, but they both sold tonight. Makes me happy and sad at the same time.

Hi Amy - thank you so much (can you believe it's only about 3 months to Christmas?)

Karen, isn't that a great name for a cat, being a work of art in the animal world anyway.

Lux said...

Oh - just beautiful indeed!

Christy DeKoning said...

Hi Lux - thanks for stopping in, I was just visiting your blog last night for the first time. Your beans sure take good photos of you - I loved your Wednesday pose this week.