Pages

Friday, August 1, 2008

These Cats Know What They Like


These two sweethearts, Cosmo & Zinnia, definitely live the good life.

Their mommy loves them and has had me paint their portraits more than once.

They get the best seat in the house.

They have their own Flikr page.

They get to "sample" the new art that makes its way into their home and get a feel of it before deciding on where to hang it.

I'm sure, if necessary, that the edge of the painting would make a great spot to scratch the side of the face too (if mommy lets them)

Zinnia is obviously pleased with her new zinnia painting. Cosmo might, however, be feeling a little left out. Problem is, I didn't plant any cosmos this year so I don't have ANY royalty-free reference photos to work from. Do any of my readers out there in the blogosphere have some cosmo photos they'd care to share?

Thank you Pamala for the lovely photo of my favourite siamese cats!

4 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

Cosmos, along with zinnias, are among my favorites and I planted tons this year. However, my well-meaning parents decided to fertilize everything while I wasn't home. Cosmos does not like to be fertilized, in this zone anyway, and when you do that you get a lot of leafy fern-like foliage but no buds or blooms!! So that is what I have right now. :(

Christy DeKoning said...

Karen, what a shame! We look forward to our gardens every summer, it's always a disappointment when a favourite doesn't perform isn't it?

Amy Lilley Designs said...

Beautiful pic of the kitty's w/ your painting...a lovely gift FOR YOU!!!

Christy DeKoning said...

thank you Amy - I quite agree :-)