Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2008

2 Cats in Love, and more ACEOs

I've taken a little break from painting commissions for at least a week or two, to indulge my own creativity. The first thing on my "to-do" list was to create some new ACEOs, especially some kittens. At the same time, though, I also wanted to participate in a series of challenges set forth by Belinda Hall of Bellsakabin from Etsy. Here is the thread for the Competition “ACEO Bounty” Challenge"

The first challenge I took on was to "Paint 2 Cats in Love" (issued by readingsully2) - of course I enjoyed this because it took care of my urge to paint cats! Lucky me, it sold this morning as an added bonus.

The second challenge I met was to paint anything with the general theme of "Gone With The Wind" (also issued by readingsully2 - I didn't realize at the time that I chose challenges from the same person!). So off I went to the IMDB web site to search out a good Scarlett O'Hara photo to work from, and here is my ACEO portrait of Scarlett:

If you've got some time, and love ACEOs, visit the thread and maybe you'd like to participate too.




5 comments:

Terry Banderas said...

Your work is absolutely beautiful. I'm glad I found you.

Amy Lilley Designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Lilley Designs said...

Christy, you totally caught the snuggle, warm, kitten moment...and as for Scarlett, well, I'll just think about that tomorrow!!!

anabellster said...

I LOVE the cats. It is GORGEOUS. Wonderful work. :)

Christy DeKoning said...

Terry, thank you! Coming from you that is such a wonderful compliment.

Amy, thank you re: kittens, but as for Scarlett? frankly, I don't give a damn...

Anabellster - thank you and congrats on graduating in less than a week!!!