Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2008

the Robins are Back!

It's a sure sign of spring when our friendly robins return. We have one bright handsome fellow already camped on our front driveway...there must be a pretty lady robin somewhere nearby :-)

I painted this in my sketchbook a few years ago (see the little wrinkle on the robin?), with the idea of a full-size painting one of these days. I put it away and forgot about it until a month ago, now I am really anxious to start on it as soon as I finish some commissions. I love the way I got the large glass bird looking just right, even down to the puddle of shadow underneath the tail feathers. My Grandma always had little glass birds on her windowsill and I was allowed to play with them (albeit VERY gently). Now I have them on my own windowsill and sometimes the outdoor visitors get a little friendly!

I say this a lot (have you noticed) ... but I really do believe that I will start these paintings soon. May is a beautiful month to start on some new originals.

3 comments:

twiddlestix said...

I really like this one. Isn't it great when the robins come back?!! And...I believe in you Christy...you will get those originals done!

Christy DeKoning said...

thank you ... it's so nice to have the support of friends :-)

katelynjane said...

Hey!! You're doing a great job, I love the paintings you've posted!

I tagged you in my 7 Things blog (: Take a look at it for more details!