Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Calico Kitten sleeping on a pillow


I "stumbled" a wonderful website last week that was just littered with kittens!

I couldn't wait to create this ACEO - the colors on the patchwork pillow were so appealing. After I was finished, I hesitated about listing it for sale. I really did like it. So I upped my price tag more than usual, listed it on Etsy, and it sold within the hour. The feeling of loss when a favorite painting goes to a new owner can border on disappointment. But of course, the thrill of knowing that someone out there appreciates my creations manages to override the sad feelings.

Do you feel that way when you sell something you created?

Maybe I'll just paint this up in 8x11 next month instead.


8 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

This is so sweet!
I have certain favorites that I am a little sad to say goodbye to when they are sold.

Christy DeKoning said...

Thanks Karen. I'd want most of your paintings on my walls!

twiddlestix said...

Christy- it's no wonder that one sold right away! Such beautiful colors!

Bethany said...

I adsolutely love this painting, and I've enjoyed looking at your work. I'm glad to have you advertising on my EC widget today.

Deb DiSalvo said...

Oh, I LOVE that! You are so talented!!!
Cheers, Deb

Bee said...

Christy - that kitty is just the cutest!! absolutely LOVE her!! :) and thanks for including my blue jay in your etsy mini - what a great surprise and honor!! ~ Bee

* mY fRiEnDs cALL mE Rella * said...

You captured the sweetness of kittenhood with this piece. I just want to reach in and scoop her up and feel the little sandpaper tongue on my hand. I can see not wanting to give this piece up.

xo Rella
ps YOUR work inspired by MY faerie inspired ME to start another painted fae. So fun

Christy DeKoning said...

I haven't caught up with my thank you replies here in a while!

Bethany, thank you- I had a good response advertising on your site!

Twiddlestix,thank you - I love the colors too

Deb, you're so sweet - but it's not talent, it's years of practice!!!

Bee, your work is so gorgeous too I'm happy to showcase it

Rella, I can hardly wait to see what you come up with next! Love your faeries.

Thank you all for such wonderful feedback & support!