Pages

Friday, March 28, 2008

water in the works


I'm working on a 12x16 commission right now that features one of Ontario's beautiful and numerous lakes. I've been playing with ideas on how to paint the trees, which are the main focus and subject matter. Of course, all this playing with water and reflections prompted a couple new ACEOs. The top one is based on a painting I did many years ago, possibly as a result of reading a book about castles or something like that. I wish I remembered the exact location of this castle. The second painting is a result of referencing the photo I'm working from for my commission.

2 comments:

twiddlestix said...

Christy, the second photo is just beautiful!

BTW, I tagged you...see my blog for more info!

artistscs28 said...

Your work is lovely. I especially like the rather abstract ice cream cones farther down.