Pages

Friday, March 14, 2008

Sue Dickinson...Africa is calling me



I woke up this morning to a nice shiny new Sue Dickinson newsletter in my inbox! It's been a while since there have been any updates, but it was worth the wait. Sue has brand new paintings, and they are only available to newsletter subscribers until March 17. Let me say, they are breathtaking. I'd like to show you, and this one is sold already, so I think it would be alright:

http://www.suedickinson.co.za/lions_uncle.html

There was an opportunity to vote for a favourite new piece, and this got my vote. She also has a new painting called "Perfection" which features a lion drinking at a watering hole.

My little sketch this morning features Zeus drinking at our local watering hole :-)

(it's about as wild as it gets here)

2 comments:

katelynjane said...

Wow, that painting is beautiful! Thanks for sharing (: And your's is great as well!

Christy DeKoning said...

Isn't she amazing? That painting sold for $2,900...she's my hero. Can you imagine living and painting right there like a permanent safari? Wow.

My sketch was done in about 7 minutes flat...glad you like it lol...I'm trying to sketch with a pen a little bit every day, because it helps to keep my creative juices flowing when I have a lot of commissions to do.