Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"Dulce Mama" - breastfeeding as art

Anyone who knows me understands that I am very pro-breastfeeding.

When I saw this gorgeous Dolce & Gabbana gown, I thought - wow !!! I could breastfeed in this AND walk down the red carpet (in the event that anyone calls me and asks me to attend their big event, that is)

I painted this up with watercolor and ink on smooth mat board, which has a similar surface to that of hot press watercolor paper, of which I don't own any. I think I need some, or maybe that synthetic yesso or whatever it's called so that I can get some cool watery effects going on. I'll google it :-)

3 comments:

amominred said...

Christy,
That is a super gorgeous painting! I love it!

duney said...

Thanks so much for your response! I loved looking at your blog (and how funny we chose the same layout :)!)
You seem like such an interesting woman. I love the paintings!
Samia

Anonymous said...

This painting is absolutely beautiful. You should do some more breastfeeding as art photos.