Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Update on the Disaster

Well, I finally recovered from my kitchen disaster today. Honestly, I think there should be a number you can call, kind of like "disaster restoration" but for kitchen messes, not just for floods & earthquake damage. The phone conversation could go something like this:

"Hello, Disaster Recovery - Kitchen Division? Yes, this is Mrs. DeKoning and I'm afraid my cordon bleu just blew the roof off the kitchen and now there's crap all over the place....we're going out for dinner, so please have the place tidied up and ALL evidence of tonight's disaster removed before we get home. Thank you"

Or even better yet, I'd like to think someone like Harvey Keitel would arrive, Pulp Fiction style:


The Wolf: You're... Christy, right? This is your house?
Me: Sure is.
The Wolf: I'm Winston Wolfe. I solve problems.
Me: Good, we got one.
The Wolf: So I heard. May I come in?
Me: Uh, yeah, please do.

Anyway, I finally finished the painting I was puzzling with few nights ago:




1 comment: