Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Small Studies. ACEO miniature watercolor portraits


I have been playing around with miniature paintings lately, and decided that the ACEO size would be a fun way to show off key subject features, without committing myself to a large workload. If I like the way it looks on paper, I can always turn it into a full size painting later on.

Of course, when I decided to offer commissioned ACEO portraits on Etsy I had to come up with a decent portrait to showcase. It was a great excuse to put aside my deadlines and do something fun for me. I fiddled with a pen & ink sketch, and then focused my sights on a close-up study of my youngest, Nathan. He has the most amazing eyes that I just love to paint (yeah I know I'm biased, but I'm a very proud mommy).

So here it is: Nathan in 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches.

No comments: